We already talked about how to create your online store without programming, we gave a step by step to create an online business and we show how to increase internet sales on holidays. Now, if you are looking for a robust e-commerce platform that supports a high number of transactions, many questions may arise!
To help you with this decision, we have prepared this text. Here we point out the main characteristics of the 3 most suitable platforms for those looking for high performance and expect a large number of sales: Magento, Vtex ou WooCommerce. After all, which is the best to invest? To help you with this decision, today we are going to show you the pros and cons of these main e-commerce platforms.
Which e-commerce platform to choose?
Starting with the cost comparison, it is worth mentioning that within the three options evaluated here, Woocommerce has a more affordable price. Whereas Vtex and Magento need a slightly higher investment, as they have additional features that require more hours of programming.
And, even in the case of Vtex, a percentage is also charged on sales, which does not happen for those who choose Magento, for example. So, the first tip is: set your budget to hire the service and then search according to your budget!
Now see the main differences between Magento, Vtex and Woocommerce.
Ideal for those who expect to meet high demand, as the platform is fully scalable, with a robust infrastructure that ensures stability and adapts to the size of your business.
It is the most used e-commerce platform in the world, being chosen by both small stores, and even large multinationals such as Coca-Cola and HP. The platform Magento supports up to 80 work orders per hour and can store over 500 products!
Furthermore, in its general panel, the user is still able to follow information and indicators in real time about their sales, customers and products.
It is worth mentioning that the degree of complexity of implementation and construction, from the infrastructure of a robust server to the development of the code itself, requires the experience of more experienced developers to complete such functions.
- Open source reference, it is indicated for entrepreneurs looking for flexibility;
- All information on your e-commerce is in private mode, without third party access;
- It offers a large number of ready-made themes that allow customization;
- Offers free and advanced SEO features (address redirection, friendly URLs, support for sitemaps, exclusive meta-tags on product pages, among others);
- Integration with marketplaces;
- Enables the installation of email marketing and SMS extensions
- Product registration via API is detailed and complex;
- There are no native customer communication modules;
- The creation of this platform requires specific knowledge in Magento;
The VTEX e-commerce platform has the advantage of using SaaS (Software as a Service) technology. In addition to offering a complete structure, focused on the user experience, it has no limit on customization and has infinite possibilities.
Therefore, this platform is suitable for medium and large companies that already sell on the internet and have long-term planning.
- Allows management and contact with the customer - Mobile & Omnichannel;
- Smart Checkout, which helps to reduce cart abandonment;
- The software has its own cloud storage - Cloud Software;
- Responsive and adaptable: the flexible and mobile friendly layout
- Integration with marketplaces;
- Integration with offline stores;
- Allows your store to be seller and also marketplace from other VTEX stores
- Order tracking shows orders placed within 6 months;
- Product registration is more complex than other platforms;
- The percentage charged for completed sales varies according to billing;
- It is not possible to do the configuration on your own, but with a partner agency.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that makes your blog a virtual store. It is excellent for companies that use the website builder most used by companies. Therefore, you need to install WordPress and then the WooCommerce plugin.
About 30% of all virtual stores, all around the world. The solution is completely flexible and has open source, all connected to WordPress. Because it is simpler and more intuitive, it is possible to count on a lower investment than the others and requires less time than one team specialized in electronic commerce.
- It is a free plugin;
- Allows inventory management;
- Enables the creation of coupons and connects to several gateways payment;
- Allows the use of several custom extensions: free or paid;
- Just add the content to offer discounts, promotions or just the product.
- It is not recommended for large, robust stores due to limitations;
- It has a limited database;
- Additional extensions require extra investment.
After all, what is the best e-commerce platform?
When we talk about the similarities between WooCommerce and Magento, it is worth mentioning that the two platforms offer open source products, unlike Vtex.
With open code, the manager can edit and customize the layout and tools available in the way he prefers. Both use templates to design and customize the look of your website. Therefore, both WooCommerce and Magento are better for those looking for freedom of customization.
For those who already have a very well structured business and estimate high traffic and high sales volume, Vtex and Magento are the most suitable platforms, as they are very well structured.
In terms of cost, Woocommerce is more affordable with specialized agencies, while Magento and Vtex have a higher cost. In the case of Vtex, there is still the cost of monthly commissioning on sales, which is an important point, which needs to be taken into account, especially in the case of high revenues.
In addition, measuring the results of your store is essential! You need to ensure that its structure is flexible and support the growth of the public currently expected or served in physical stores, since sales will certainly grow on the internet.
With these tips, you will certainly be able to choose the best e-commerce platform for the peculiarities of your business and for your current moment. There is no cake recipe, but there will always be a virtual store indicated for your company.
If you are looking for a team specialized in creation of e-commerces, Contact us by clicking here. We are a Marketing and Technology Agency, focused on results, and we will have the best solutions for your business.